Roland’s innovative Noise Eater products help V-Drums users enjoy playing any time without disturbing family members and neighbors in adjoining rooms and living spaces. One of the many benefits of V-Drums—and their patented mesh-head pads in particular—is that they’re extremely quiet acoustically, allowing players to use headphones to practice and record in situations where it would be impossible to use acoustic drums. However, the physical action of using kick and hi-hat pedals in a multi-level building can result in unwelcome noise and vibration being transferred to rooms below through the floor.
Based on Roland’s tests, the unique isolating properties of Noise Eater products reduce this direct noise transfer by approximately 75 percent over using pedals without them, a dramatic improvement that lets V-Drums users play day or night in situations where the noise could otherwise be a problem.
The NE-10 Noise Eater is a sound isolation board designed specifically for use with V-Drums kick pads/pedals and hi-hat control pedals. Multiple dome-shaped rubber dampers provide both efficient sound isolation and high stability. The NE-10 Noise Eater is very easy and convenient to use, with a compact, low-profile design that doesn’t affect feel or playability in any way.
The NE-1 Noise Eater is a small sound isolation foot intended to be used as necessary along with the NE-10 Noise Eater. It features a unique rubber damper structure that provides maximum sound isolation in a very compact and efficient device. When using a Roland KD-140/KD-120 V-Kick or a hi-hat stand for the Roland VH-13/VH-11 V-Hi-Hat, users should place the NE-10 under the pedal and NE-1 units under each stand leg as needed.
- Highly effective sound isolation devices for kick pads/pedals, hi-hat control pedals, and hi-hat stands used with V-Drums
- Reduces playing noise and vibration transfer through the floor to rooms below by approximately 75 percent, based on Roland test data
- Lets users enjoy playing V-Drums without disturbing family members and neighbors
- Ideal for drummers that live in multi-level homes, apartments, and condos; also great for multi-level lesson studios and music classrooms
- Use the NE-10 standalone with KT-10 Kick Trigger Pedal, KD-9 Kick Pad, KD-7 Kick Trigger, or FD-8 Hi-Hat Control Pedal
- When the NE-10 is used with a KD-140/KD-120 V-Kick or hi-hat stand for the VH-13/VH-11 V-Hi-Hat, companion NE-1 Noise Eater units (sold separately) must also be used under stand legs for maximum effectiveness